Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Springfield Life -That's the name of the building too.



This one is called Springfield Life. It is a building in Springfield MO. I hear it has since been renovated, this is how it appeared when I lived there. I attended Missouri State in the 90's.

This is a pretty good example of my style. I don't do photo realism. I appreciate paint. I want my work to be as much about the act of putting paint on canvas or pencil to paper as the subjects of each piece.

This piece took about five days, as far as I can remember. I work fairly quick. Once I start painting, I already have it finished in my head. It's just a matter of getting it out. Most of the time what I end up with matches the idea. Sometimes I will do a photoshop mock up of an idea for reference. Or for something fairly straight forward, work from an actual photo, though with modifications. Why just make a copy?

No comments:

Post a Comment